As a businessperson, it’s more than likely you will need to write formal letters during your time in the business world. It’s important that you get it right so that it reflects well on you and your business. Here are some pointers for you to use:
- Begin by writing your address at the top of the letter.
- You should then write the recipient’s address underneath, followed by a space and then the date.
- Address the person as ‘Dear Mr/Mrs…’
- If you know the person’s name, finish the letter with ‘Ýours Sincerely’, followed by a space and then your name.
- If you do not know the recipient’s name, you should use ‘Ýours Faithfully’. Again, leave a space and then finish off with your name.
- Use an appropriate tone of voice. If it is a formal letter, the expectation is usually that you will use a formal tone of voice to keep the subject serious.